Ombré nails is a trend that I knew about for the longest time, but never could master! I tried to achieve the look with a makeup sponge but that was a total fail. But this time I got it, and I love them. They’re really simple to do and they also turn out amazing in the end! Tips before you start, you can tape around you nails or even liquid glue and let it dry (sounds weird but it works perfectly), to reduce the amount of nail polish that’ll be on the skin around nail, and second is that these nails took me a while so make sure you have time!
- Two nail polishes (I found that the ombré works nicer when you choose the same color in different shades)
- A clear top coat
- a toothpick, bobby pin
- aluminum foil
- a sponge
- tape, liquid glue
- nail polish remover
- First paint your whole nail with the lighter shade of the two polishes, or the bottom color on your nail, and let it dry.
- Take your aluminum foil and put a medium amount of the two nail polishes parallel to each other.
- Take your toothpick, and blend the two colors, leaving some of the two polishes in their original state
- Now take your sponge and you place it directly on the polishes and then take it directly off without any dragging.
- Place the sponge directly on your nails, and press firmly, then take take the sponge off.
- Next you can take your sponge and fill in lights and darks in on the nail as you please.
- If you did not put on tape or glue then this is where you would take nail polish remover and your Q-tip and clean around the edges. If you did choose to protect the edges then peel off the tape or glue.
- Lastly put a clear top coat over the look to make sure it lasts long and looks nice!
I love this look and I’ll surely be doing it again! I hope you enjoyed this nail DIY! And comment on your on how it turned out for you and how you like the look! Thanks! Keep blogging ❤