I’ve recently had writers block (it sucks!) so I’d love if you guys could help me with ideas! Please comment ideas for post, items you would like for me to review, new segments that I could post about,and any other suggestions! Thank you so much for all the support! Keep blogging ❤
Today I decided to hang out with my family around the town so I wanted to wear something that was basic, but still was in the summer-y season! Here we go!
The top is from Forever 21, and the black shorts are from Target. I really like this outfit for the loose flowy shirt that gives both style and comfort, plus these shorts are just so comfortable. I tucked the shirt into the shorts to avoid my shorts disappearing since the shirt is rather long. Thanks for reading and Keep Blogging! ❤
I’ve been nominated by the wonderful blog Not So Vague Vogue and I’m really excited to answer her questions so that you guys can get to know me better!
The Liebster award is an award given to blogs with 200 or less followers to be congratulated for all their hard work! I feel especially honored to get this award because Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
LETS GET TO THE QUESTIONS!
Q: What can you not live without?
A: This is something that’s really weird to think about, but when it really comes down to it I couldn’t live without my phone. Once I dropped my phone in a toilet (at the Hunger Games premiere) and I couldn’t get a new phone for a week, I practically went insane.
Q: If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
A: Well I’ve thought about this maybe 1,000 times since my name is Ianthe, possibly the most difficult name to master. If I could change it to anything I’d change my name to Claire. 🙂
Q:What is your favorite food?
A: Favorite food hands down is macaroni and cheese!
Q: What is one of your biggest fears?
A: I have a fear of heights that I hate to admit. Its weird because I’ll go for it and go to high place then the moment I stand my stomach starts dropping and I can’t handle it. Storytime: Ok so once I took a field trip to the air and space museum and there was this really high balcony where you could see the planes up close, so I went up with my friends and they’re all just walking around when I start to get the stomach feeling then I fall, and I have to basically crawl to the elevator so I could go back to level one. Yep and I say I’m not afraid of heights…ok…
Q: If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be?
A: Listen to Youth by Daughter. I literally love that song and I can’t get enough!
Q: What is one thing that makes you smile?
A: A surefire way of making me smile is to just crack a joke or just being yourself, I promise you anyone can make me smile.
Q: What kind of super power do you wish you had?
A: If I could have any super power I would probably choose being able to pause time. I would totally get my popcorn quicker, and make my own chipotle burrito (don’t worry I’d still pay) then I’d press play and walk out with my yummy food 🙂
Q: If you could become a character from a movie, TV show, or book, what character would you be and why?
A: I’d probably become Jo, from the new show Twisted on ABC family. Its actually pretty weird because we’re so similar, plus I’d love to live in her town and deal with Danny.
Q: Do you prefer your hair straight or curled?
A: This is such an easy question: straight
Q: Would you rather give up lipstick or give up eyeshadow?
A: I’d give up lipstick rather than eyeshadow! I love eyeshadow so much I have a problem where I just buy a lot at one time….don’t judge
And here are my Nominees!
- The Beauty Bunchies
- Prep and Cotton
- Sweets and Styles
- Splashes and Everything
- Fabes Fashion & Beauty
- The Foodie Beautie Corner
- Milanibabe01’s Blog
- Lala Land
- Scrapbook Style
And now for my questions for you!
- Are you for or against UGG boots?
- What is you favorite drug store purchase?
- If you could write a book what genre would it be?
- Would you rather your hair in a bun/ponytail or down?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- What is your go to nail polish color?
- What is a sport you have always wanted to try?
- What is your favorite magazine (fashion or any other genre)?
- If you could meet any celebrity and spend a day together, who would you choose?
- If you could have a shopping spree at any store, where would you go?
I’m really excited to read you’re answers and congrats on being nominated!
Ombré nails is a trend that I knew about for the longest time, but never could master! I tried to achieve the look with a makeup sponge but that was a total fail. But this time I got it, and I love them. They’re really simple to do and they also turn out amazing in the end! Tips before you start, you can tape around you nails or even liquid glue and let it dry (sounds weird but it works perfectly), to reduce the amount of nail polish that’ll be on the skin around nail, and second is that these nails took me a while so make sure you have time!
- Two nail polishes (I found that the ombré works nicer when you choose the same color in different shades)
- A clear top coat
- a toothpick, bobby pin
- aluminum foil
- a sponge
- tape, liquid glue
- nail polish remover
- First paint your whole nail with the lighter shade of the two polishes, or the bottom color on your nail, and let it dry.
- Take your aluminum foil and put a medium amount of the two nail polishes parallel to each other.
- Take your toothpick, and blend the two colors, leaving some of the two polishes in their original state
- Now take your sponge and you place it directly on the polishes and then take it directly off without any dragging.
- Place the sponge directly on your nails, and press firmly, then take take the sponge off.
- Next you can take your sponge and fill in lights and darks in on the nail as you please.
- If you did not put on tape or glue then this is where you would take nail polish remover and your Q-tip and clean around the edges. If you did choose to protect the edges then peel off the tape or glue.
- Lastly put a clear top coat over the look to make sure it lasts long and looks nice!
I love this look and I’ll surely be doing it again! I hope you enjoyed this nail DIY! And comment on your on how it turned out for you and how you like the look! Thanks! Keep blogging ❤
I have missed posting so much! I think it’s unhealthy how much I love blogging! It’s so fun and thank you all so much for being there with me! Now lets get to the Haul! I went to the mall this weekend and picked up a few things, and I also went and had a little drugstore haul today!
First I bought a Pac Sun daisy sweater ($35.00) which is super comfy and soft. And great for any fun fall or winter event!
These amazing sunglasses from American Eagle ($10.50) are my go to glasses for everyday! I wear them daily since I bought them and they fit my face perfectly!
I also bought tribal leggings from Pac Sun ($19.50) and these are great! I love the pattern on the legs, they’re comfortable, and can be paired with a basic top!
From Forever 21, I bought a cocktail dress with a cute tribal patter ($9.80). This dress is very simple with a basic dress form, but it is the fabric that sets it apart from the rest!
Lastly from the mall, and my favorite, is a Longchamp Small Shopping tote in Navy Blue ($125.00 with the Nordstrom’s anniversary sale). It has the perfect amount of space for all my essentials and more, and it goes with practically every outfit!
Next for the drugstore haul! I Went to Target got all these great goods from Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser (4.00), a Hair Bun shaper ($5.00), Blistex ($0.99) , and L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara ($10.00). I’m just trying out the Clean and Clear face wash for the first time so maybe I’ll do a review! The bun shaper provides me with the perfect bun for any occasion! Blistex is the best for lips (although not the most fashionable), and my lips needed some medical attention (hahaha)! And lastly, my favorite mascara, the L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara, I’ve purchased it before and I loved it, but it became hard and dry, so I made sure to buy more!
(The Blistex is there on the left side, but I think we all know what Blistex looks like!)
I hope this amazing post makes up for the long time I haven’t posted! I love all the thing’s I bought and I hope you do to! I’d absolutely love it if you guys liked and commented and told me what you thought! Thank you so much and keep blogging! ❤
This week has been busy busy busy for me, but I’m hoping I can come back and keep posting for you guys! Thanks so much!
New month which means another chance to request blog post ideas! Do you want more hauls, OOTD, reviews, or tutorials? Is there something new you’d like me to do? Any comments for post that have already been posted? This is your post where you can tell me what you’d like to see in the upcoming month! I really want you guys to talk to me so that I can make this blog even better! Thank you so much for staying with me this long! And don’t forget to comment comment comment!